About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Farewell Elder Udo

Hey everyone,

Me and Mawena
we had another great week here in Newtown. The work here is beginning to pick up more and more each week. We have some great investigators, and the Lord keeps blessing us with new people to teach. We had stake conference this weekend, and elder Udo had to say a lot of goodbyes which was not easy. I am super grateful for the time i had to serve with him. 

Bro Eric is still doing great! He is continuing to progress and is loving the gospel. We are hoping to baptize him this weekend with another part member named Gyan. 

Stake conference was great! There was a general theme of "Look to the Savior, and live!" It was such a great, inspired conference. Sometimes when something big happens, either good or bad, i can tend to look to other sources for comfort or to give thanks, but I always need to remember the Savior for all my needs. At mid-week, we read about the story of Jonah. After Jonah gets swallowed up by the whale, he says to the Lord in chapter 2:4, "I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple." To Jonah, the temple became like a lighthouse on the shore helping him back to safety. The Savior loves us so much and has given us so much in order to remember Him and receive His guidance. When we look to the temple, and to the Savior, He will help us through any trial we may have. I am so grateful for this restored gospel.  

I also met a man at the conference who was the first missionary in the Tesano area many years ago. He was so happy to see how much it has grown over the years. I cant imagine the thought going through his mind, seeing such a large stake, and being the missionary who helped start it. We can count the seeds in an apple, but you cant count the apples that come out of the seeds. He is now living in Chicago, in a stake where Fletcher served! Small world. 

So I guess i should say something about transfers... I will be getting a new companion, his name is Elder Nilsson from Springville Utah! We came here together, and we have been best buds since the MTC! Now we will finish our missions together hahahah. President said that in our last transfer they will put us in a three some and we will finish together. I am so excited! It will be a fun time. 
I love it here so much. I am so grateful to be here and to serve my Savior. I love Him, and i know He loves each one of us. 

Hope you all have a great week! 


Love,

Elder Eldredge


Some sweet graffiti 

Rice, soup, sister Kate 

Sister Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment