About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, October 19, 2015

Eh Te Sane?

eh te sane? 
(how are you?)
Hello everyone!! sorry, i feel like it has been so long since i have heard from you. they made us wait until the next monday to email. but oh well. this week was so awesome! my trainers name is elder yao. he is from the ivory coast. he is one of the funniest guys i have ever met! and he is a really good teacher! the other two elders in my apartment are super cool too. being out in the field is sooo much better than the mtc. my area is called kasoa (cass-wah). it is crazy tho! i almost got hit by like twelve tro tros which are like a bus, and like 50 taxies... haha but i'm still alive. 

My area gets to ride bikes which is nice. for the most part everyone is so nice. sometimes guys get in my face a little tho, calling me oh bruney which means white guy haha. but whatever. almost every little kid will try to call me oh bruney too, but i just turn to them and yell oh bibini, which means black guy lol and they just look back at me with a stunned look hahaha. but i love it here! being a missionary is the best! 

Dad that is super cool that they showed you on the big screen! i wish i could have seen that. mom, im glad you went to the game! that sounds like so much fun! i miss you guys so much! i have only eaten one Ghanaian food tho. it is called banku. which is kind of like foo foo but more gross haha. i have a picture of it, but i am too afraid to plug in my camera to the computer at the cafe... i dont want to loose all of my pictures! but the banku comes with a whole fish.. and i ate it.. bones and all. it was so hard to eat haha.

Other than that i just have been cooking bread and egg at the apartment which is soooo good. i have already gained some weight. my pants are getting a little tight haha. i am a 32 now. instead of a 30.. yikes. oh ya dad, can you cancel my membership at the quarry?? i forgot to do that before i left. if you go to the quarry and tell them my name you should be able to. that would be great. i have been taking plenty of pictures dont worry! i will just have to save them on a flashdrive until i can figure out a good way to send them. sorry. 

A really odd thing happened to me tho.. i was passing the sacrament yesterday, and i gave it to this woman who was breast feeding right there... with nothing covering her.. freak!! haha it was so awkward for me. anyways everything is going great, and i am working hard! i think i am going to baptize some peeps in the next couple of weeks so that will be great!
love you lots! 

elder eldredge
aka elder kechwe (my twi name) 

No comments:

Post a Comment