About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, June 6, 2016

CHA

This week was so sweet! as usually here in Ghana! I have had so much fun this past week and things just seem to get better and better. The Lord has blessed me so much and my companion and my area. we are working hard and continuing to seek revelation for our investigators, members, and our area in general. 

i fell down... there was a ditch hidden by
 some thick bush and my mid section 
That is one thing that i have really had to work on on my mission. i have always been okay with doing things by myself and trying to figure things out my own way. And there are some things that we just cant do alone. it takes a lot of faith to "wait upon the Lord" like it says in 2 Nephi, but as long as we do what we are told, then we can wait with faith knowing that the Lord will take care of what we couldn't. i am so happy to be learning this important principle. Everything always works out better when you trust in the Lord to take care of you. i can promise you that the Savior is always there. He is always ready to help us and do what we cant, but he wants us to reach out to him in faith. If we do that, we can do anything.

I have been loving the opportunity i have to serve my district and get to know each of them. i was able to go on exchanges this week with two of the elders in Chantan, the area just next to mine. it was so fun to be with them and see their area and help them and also learn from them. they are both white, one from Idaho and the other from Montana and i will be honest, it was pretty odd to be around another white person for that long.. hahahaha it was super fun tho. Elder Lambson (one of the elders) and i are super similar and we got along super well. and elder smith, his companion is just like D
evin! haha it was a great couple of days.

We were supposed to have two baptisms last week, but they had to be moved to this week. so i am super excited about that. haha one sister who is getting baptized this week was talking to us, and we told her that we just had to finish the lessons with her before her baptism and she was like, "but i know the church is true, and i told you i want to get baptized already so why do i need to have you guys come and try to convince me more??" hahah i and elder okereke were laughing pretty hard right in front of her. it was great. i am excited for her and also Agnes to be baptized this week.
I also had to say goodbye to all the obrunies this week. They took up half of the sacrament hall so things are going to be pretty empty now i guess. we had a fun dinner with them last night at a members house tho to say goodbye.

Thank you for all the prayers! i love you all so much! have a great week!!! 


Love Elder Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment