About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Deep Clean

Pounded some fufu. Wrecked my hands lol
Hello family! 

this week was awesome! Ghana is a party right now. Everyone is celebrating the election of a new president. Lots of fireworks, car horns, and rallies. Last night we couldn't even get to where we were going because the entire town of Swedru was having a rally. I have never seen so many Ghanaians at one time.
 
On Thursday, we deep cleaned our house. I didn't even notice how dirty it was until i put forth an honest effort to clean it. I can say that this sometimes applies to us. How often do we neglect sincere repentance? Our apartment got super dirty because we neglected to clean it fully, regularly. The Spirit lives in clean vessels.

We have had a good week this week sharing the gospel. We are continuing to work hard and the Lord is blessing us so much. We wouldn't be able to accomplish anything if it weren't for Him. 

We have started teaching this one guy just recently named Erik. He stopped us one time while we were walking through the zongo, (i think i told you about him already) and at first he was telling us that he really wants to go slow, and learn for a while before he came to church or anything. We were kind of sad, but hopeful that one day he would get baptized even if it wasn't us. 

Yesterday, we met him after church, and taught him about the Book of Mormon. I testify that there is real power in the Book of Mormon. As we were teaching him, you could see a light switch on in his mind. It was like he was hit by a truck. Then at the end, he just said really quietly, "i think i am going to have to come visit you at church this week." in my mind i was just thinking.. "yeahhhh" hahaha so crazy! The Book of Mormon changes people who are willing to search, ponder, and pray. 

I love this work and i am so happy to be here. I can't believe how fast time is going, and i am going to miss this so much. I love this gospel. I am grateful to have a Savior. 
Have a great week! I love you all.


ELDER BEN ELDREDGE


All the trash that we cleaned out of our apartment. (our apartment is so clean it could be in the parade of homes)


I fell in a well.... lol jk they dropped their bucket, so i offered to go in and get it. 

The school out in a small village in our area.

Elder Mantz in the bush

No comments:

Post a Comment