About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Just Another Manic Tuesday?

Hello family,

this week i don't even know where to begin. The beginning of the week consisted of going around and sharing the Light the World video to as many members as possible. I think we showed it to every family we know the house of in our ward and branch. It was a good experience sharing it with people. Everyone is working hard to be a light.

We have been working really hard trying to work with members to find and fellowship investigators, and it has been working! It has been awesome to see how much more effective it is to work with members. A lot of the members can teach much better than i can and they have such great testimonies. So this week, even though we didn't have a lot of time because we are always traveling for different reasons around our giant zone in a rickety old tro tro to teach a lot of lessons, our lessons were so powerful because of the Spirit which was there.

We have also been so blessed to be lead to really prepared people. We were walking down the road one day a couple weeks ago, and one guy called for us and said, "I always see you walking down this road, but you never talk to me. Don't you want to share the gospel with me as well?" It made me feel really awful and like a terrible missionary because we had never talked to him before, but he is so prepared! By the questions that he asks, you can see that the Restoration is exactly what he has been looking for. I am so excited to see his progression.

We also found a sweet guy in the zongo who would have thunk.. (zongo is a giant Muslim community) who might be one of the more prepared people i have met. He has basically all the same concerns and questions that Joseph Smith did. We taught him twice and he is doing really well.
We had transfers this weekend, and i am staying put here in Swedru 3rd ward/ 4th branch. I am pretty happy. I love it here.

Sunday we had a baptism, and it was by far the most stressful, crazy baptism I've ever had. Our bishop on Wednesday at our PEC told us that he wanted to have the baptism on Sunday morning before church. So he gave the baptismal clothing to his first counselor and assigned him to wash them and bring them on Sunday. We went to the church on Saturday and filled the font. Sunday morning, we got to the church around 7:30 and both our candidates came just after 8. Still we didn't have any clothing... So i called the first counselor and he said that this morning he remembered that he was supposed to get the clothing washed, so he did it as fast as he could, and was ironing them to try as speed dry them. Bishop came around 8:30 and we still didn't have clothing, and the one who was supposed to do the baptism wasn't there yet. Finally around 9:30 we got one pair of white pants, and one white gown. Then bishop looked at me and asked me to do the baptism because the one who was supposed to do it still hadn't showed up yet. So the rest of the day i was a little damp... but the most important thing was that Elizabeth and Aaron were baptized.

We met with Elizabeth the next day, and she told us about how when she turns 19 she wants to serve a mission. It made me SO happy! She is so strong. She goes to seminary everyday, mutual every week and is already started with her personal progress. This gospel really does change lives. It is like a ripple effect. A countless number of lives can be changed from one impression from the Spirit of the love of God. I am so happy to be here to help my Savior do His work. I am blessed beyond belief. I am so grateful for his example, love, and sacrifice. I am so grateful for all of you and your love and support. I love you so much.

Oh yeah, my father elder Yao went home this week. crazy! i will miss him so much.

Have a great week! love you!


ELDER BEN ELDREDGE


No comments:

Post a Comment