About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, February 13, 2017

The Spirit of God Like a Fire is Burning

Hey, fam
this week was awesome! I cant believe how fast it went. Every day is just packed full of activities and there is no time to look back. I am having the time of my life out here.

We had an awesome multi-zone conference this week and we finally got to watch the world-wide missionary broadcast. I guess Ghana man time applies in all aspects of life here.. lol

We went to Nsaba this week to follow up on sister Victoria, the one who i used to teach in Kasoa, and it was awesome! She is great. She just lives really far away. It takes like 40 minutes or so to get to Swedru from her house. The stake president is working on starting a branch in a nearby village which would be great for her, and everyone else in those small villages.

We had a baptism yesterday before church. It was really awesome. Sister Wendy was so excited to get baptized. The Spirit was so strong that the church literally caught on fire... Luckily it was just the outside wall. We went outside to leave to go to the fourth branch and we just saw huge flames coming over the wall, and someone with a hose trying to put it out.. so we ran and got a bunch of buckets and put it out just in time for the fire service to come.. remember what i said about Ghana man time? no one was hurt, except for the compound wall.. Funny memory though. 

I have loved being here in Swedru. It has been a blessing to see people's progression over time. It has really helped me see that I am not the one doing this work. It is all the Holy Ghost. As they feel His influence they have a natural inclination to do what is right, and to repent. It has really been awesome. This Gospel is true. 

Can't wait to see what comes this week! 

Have a great one. Love you all

Love,

Elder Ben Eldredge











No comments:

Post a Comment