About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Change

Happy Monday, Everyone

Service Project
This week has been another adventure. Lots of ups and downs and also side to sides.. We have been so busy lately i cant even keep track of what week of the transfer it is. I almost forgot that transfer news was this week until the assistants called and told us our news. Looks like i am leaving Swedru. We also went on another exchange, and rode through the bushiest trails possible to shake things up a bit. All in all it has been a great week.

After 30 of the best weeks of my life, my time to be in Swedru has come to an end. I will miss this place and these people dearly. My testimony of the Savior and his gospel has grown so much while serving alongside these great members and companions. He truly is in the details of our lives. We closed out the transfer with a great baptism. Sister Grace was baptized this last week. The purpose of this gospel is to bring us joy, and it brought so much joy to me and also to Grace as she applied it into her life. This gospel changes lives, and builds us to become more like our father, who knows complete joy.

I will be leaving tomorrow to New-town, my new area! It is in the heart of Accra, and really close to the temple, so i am excited. Should be an adventure. My new companion is from Nigeria and his name is Elder Udo. I have known him for a while, and he is a great missionary. I am excited to get to serve with him.

We went on an exchange this week with our district leader out in Odoben, and it was great. Elder Parker came to be with me for the day. We had a bit of a crazy day, with an emergency travel down to Winneba to drop off a sick Elder to go to the doctor, so we rode in the tro tro for most of the day. But we still got to see some people and we had a fun time.

Riding bikes has been an adventure. We have been finding new ways of getting to places and riding through a lot of bush! So fun. This is such a beautiful place. God is wonderful.
I gotta cut this email short, I haven't started packing yet so i am toast.

This gospel is true. Jesus Christ lives!
have a great week!

Love Elder Ben Eldredge

Omni 1:26


Service Project


sweet river we found on one of our adventures through the bush

sweet river we found on one of our adventures through the bush

tuo zafi, a not so local, local food. They make if primarily in the norther part of Ghana. Super delicous tho.


No comments:

Post a Comment