About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Sup Ya'll

Hey everyone,

Temple selfie. Elders Wiscombe and Perry,
 and me and my companion.
This week was good. we weren't as fortunate last week with new investigators, but we were still able to spend time with our investigators. We have some great new investigators, who i have a lot of hope for. i have felt such a love for the people here. my desire to teach them has grown a lot here, and they are such great people. There are some investigators we have that, the first time we met them, they just always seemed down and unhappy. I have seen them, and their countenance change as we have come to teach them. They seem happier, and in a better mood than before. This gospel changes lives for the better, as long as we let it. I love sharing that with people. 

Swedru came to the temple on Saturday, and we got permission to go and see them, and some recent converts! It was such a blessing to me to see my old ward, and some of my recent converts at the temple. I felt like i was with my family again, and it was great. Some of the members came a gave me hugs, and it made me so happy to see them going into the temple. I am so grateful for the blessing i had to serve there, and a part of me will always be there. 

I am also loving the ward here. we have such great members and recent converts. One member, Bro Morttey, loves missionary work, and we can count on him to give us a referral regularly. He is awesome. Our bishop is also super cool. he used to be a Muslim, and the missionaries used him to translate for them, and from there he heard about the gospel. After that he moved to new town, and started coming to church and the rest is history. It was a really big lesson to me, to always talk to anyone who is willing to listen to you, no matter who they are or what they believe. They are still God's children, no matter what and He loves them. 

We went on an exchange with the Northridge elders. I spent the day with elder Bambrough. He is from Salem, and his family is in the same ward as Mick and Mel.  he is a super nice, loving missionary and we had a good day. We were able to do some contacting, even though we didn't have the time to sit down with them. But we hope to continue to find and also help our zone continue to find new people. 

Overall this was a great week, and we got a lot done. Elder Udo and i are good. We get along great. 
I am grateful to be here. My mission is becoming more and more important to me each day. Heavenly Father has been so good to me. Have a great week! 


ELDER ELDREDGE


Peace

The Big City

Exchange at Northride. Elder Bambrough is a GIANT


My apartment. super small and super HOT! w
W don't have any air flow so it gets pretty steamy.




No comments:

Post a Comment