About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Thursday, March 9, 2017

A Whole New World



Hello everyone,


Mission is such a great place where you get to be tossed around Ghana in a tro tro and expected to just figure things out. Thank goodness the Holy Ghost is here to guide or else i think i might die. So far i am loving my new area, i just don't know it very well. Things will get better as time goes on. Our ward is great tho! they are helping a lot with missionary work. Elder Udo is a great missionary, and i am super grateful to be able to work with him. 

Small Children
My new area is very different from Swedru. If i could make a comparison, i would say it is like going from Beaver Utah, to Salt Lake City... My head is still spinning a little. Sometimes throughout the day i wonder how this area has two wards in it, because of all the Muslims everywhere. You have to look pretty hard to find someone who believes in Jesus Christ. The Spirit has helped us so much this week to find new investigators. 

Some cool things about my area: Every evening around 6:00 the sky gets covered with bats flying through the air. You can also see the Flagstaff House (the presidents house) from parts of our area. And we have AC in our chapel. Tender mercy right there. 

This week we had a great MLC, which was all based on the Holy Ghost. We talked about how we have been called to teach by the Comforter. When we have the Spirit with us we will be able to teach with power and authority. Over my mission, i have realized the importance of always being worthy to have the Spirit with me. I truly need Him every hour. We have to work hard and do the small and simple things in order to qualify for the Spirit. It is by small and simple things, that great things are brought to pass. The promptings from the Spirit are so small and so simple, but so significant. They also lead us to do great things.

I am so grateful for this new area and companion. I am excited to learn from him. This work is true. The Lord is in the details of our lives. 

Have a great week! thank you for the prayers. 

Love,

Elder Ben Eldredge
we went to the temple site this morning to play some good ole basketball

I guess there is an oil you can buy that will make you have visions like J-Smith
from when i was in the bush (blurry)

bye bye elder wiscombe :(








No comments:

Post a Comment