About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, June 5, 2017

Wild One

Hey everyone,

Go Gyan
This week was a wild ride! We were so busy with exchanges and instructions, that my mind is blurry. Hopefully i will remember some things that happened.

I guess to start off, we had a baptism this week! Gyan got baptized on Sunday. He is a sweet kid. He is 14 and he invited some of his friends to come haha it was cool.

Elder Nilsson and i spent half of our week with different missionaries going on exchanges. Unfortunately for Elder Nilsson, he had to go to the other area each time because he doesn't know our area well enough yet. Our area has improved a lot in the last couple of weeks though, so i think elder Nilsson has some sort of magic touch. Super grateful he is my comp.
We didn't find time to follow up on the president this week.. hopefully we will check on him this week.

Rosemond, our recent convert is doing great! She got called as the young women secretary and is preparing to go to the temple! She is really excited to go and has been doing her family history. We hope to be able to go to the temple either this week or next week with her.

I got to go on an exchange with my former companion, Elder Sakala! He is awesome. I learned a ton from him and his example. He goes home at the end of the transfer which is crazy! i feel like i was just companions with him, but it has been 17 months! Time is going too fast.

We found a lot of really cool people this week and were able to set some baptismal dates. We are looking like we might be able to meet our goal of three baptisms this month. Keep your fingers crossed.

We proselyted with the stake president this Saturday. He was baptized when he was 18 and due to some health issues was not able to serve a mission, but he takes every opportunity he can to go out with the missionaries. We had some great lessons with him and it was cool to see his diligence in trying to be like Christ.

Things are looking really great here in our area. I always get excited to go out and see our friends and teach them and help them. Life is great as a missionary. I am going to enjoy it while i can!
Have a good week!

Love,


Elder Eldredge 



My Guy Wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment