About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, March 7, 2016

Toy Yo Ten?

Hello, everyone! 

I hope everyone i didn't hear from had a good week! my week was great! we have been working hard and having fun! plus, this week the Lord blessed us with RAIN! hahaha it rained twice this week! once on Tuesday, and then again on Friday. each time it was for like four hours straight. it was so nice to feel cold. the storm on Friday was a little more intense. it started to rain around 5. i looked up and saw the biggest wall of black moving directly at us haha. me and my companion just looked at each other and said, "we gotta get out of here" it was great. we sat and talked to our land lord and her husband. she has been a member of the church for 29 years. all of her children and grandchildren are members, and sealed in the temple. and finally after 29 years, her husband baptized into the church. it really is quite the story. it was so nice to talk to them and hear their story. i felt so much love from them, and i know that it came straight from the gospel. they are now planning for when they will be sealed together as one big family in about a year. their story makes me so happy!

On Wednesday i met President Snow for the first time since he has been here haha, but he is such a good guy. he is very spiritual and loving. you can tell he really cares about his missionaries and all the people that we are working with. he also gave me my new name tag. (ill send a pic) 
our teaching pool is building and building. the work is moving along. i really love the people here. they just need to come to church and feel the spirit there. 

I don't know if you remember the prophetess woman i spoke of a few weeks ago, but she is doing so well. we taught her about the book of Mormon yesterday, and the spirit was so strong. she has so much potential to be a strong member of the church. she also has a beautiful family of two sons and a husband. she hasn't even been baptized, but you can already see the big difference in her life, even just from the small truths that we have taught her about. the gospel is amazing. miracles happen everyday. 

We have this recent convert named S-------. he is from Nigeria. we taught him about missionary work the other day, and already he has given us more referrals than the rest of the ward combined. you can see how much the gospel has impacted him and how much he loves it, because he has a desire to share it. 

I love that you talk about what you learned at church on Sunday at dinner, but i challenge you all to talk as a family about what you did during that week to share the gospel with someone. i was reading a Liahona and it was a talk from Pres. Thomas S. Monson. it was titled, "have i done any good in the world today?" i love that talk. try to focus on being a true disciple of Jesus Christ. small or big, it could change someones life. but you will never know if you don't act.

The woman i was teaching in Winneba stays in the area next to me, so i gave the referral to the elders in that area. i hope and pray that they can find her and she will get baptized.
i love you all with all my heart. have a wonderful week! stay safe


love,


 ELDER BEN

my new tag... the font is absolutely ridiculous, but oh well. at least people can pronounce this one :)

before it rained there was a big dust storm haha it was nuts. i could even open my eyes. i had to dig a ton of dirt out of my eyes after.

after coordination on tuesday, my companion and i got the munchies... so we started to eat these small bugs that were on the wall.. hahaha i ate only one, but my companion was loving life lol. there were a ton of them flying around a light in the parking lot, and elder lokutshu tried to jump in the air and catch one... he slipped as he tried to jump and squealed like a small girl and fell so hard on the ground! hahaha oh my goodness i was laughing so hard. not quite the injury you would expect from trying to eat bugs... 

i got my package from grandma and grandpa Eldredge! my companion and i have been enjoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment