About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Elder Ban, will you be my friend?

hello everyone! 

Greetings from the center of the earth, Ghana. this week was great! and it ended with fireworks on Sunday, when Francis Essuman, and Beatrice Louho were baptized as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! i am so happy for them! things here are going great!

So since i have come to Dansoman, i haven't eaten banku at all... until this week, and we ate it 3 days in a row! i finally got my fix of fermented corn dough! it was great to be honest. the first night, we went to our elders quorum presidents house and they made some for us. as we were eating, a small girl, about 6 years old named Ayuraba, came up to me without saying a word and gave me a letter, and then ran off. after i finished eating it i opened the letter and inside was a small note that said, "elder ban, will you be my friend?" hahah it was the cutest thing. When we were leaving, i walked out the gate and Ayuraba came running back to me and gave me a new note that read, "i love you." hahahahah so now i have a new best friend in Ghana. Her name is Ayuraba and she is 6 :)

I love the fact that no matter where we come from, we are all children of God. We are all family. in my apartment i am the only white person, and the other three elders are from D.R. Congo. At first i felt like i might feel a little left out, or that i wouldn't be able to get along as well as i wanted, just because of the culture difference, but boy was i wrong. Like i have said in emails before, we all eat together everyday. Almost everyday we eat Congo fufu, and the other night we sat down to eat, and i was the first one to put my hand in and take some fufu. after i took it and started eating, one of the elders in my apartment just looked at me and said, "where are you from? are you sure you are not Congolese?" hahahaha i guess i can eat like a Congolese now.. it doesn't matter who you are, or where you are from, we are all brothers and sisters.

I love this gospel so much, and how it changes lives. the Book of Mormon changes lives. i don't want to think about what my life would be like if i didn't know about this gospel or the atonement of Jesus Christ. i know that God has a plan for all of us, and that plan is perfect. if we follow Him and keep His commandments, God will give us our own land of promise.
never give up, God lives, Jesus Christ is His son.

love, ELDER BEN


Family picture after the baptism. Beatrice is the one on the top step in the white

this is why i am fat

Francis Essuman

and this is my friend Pipi


No comments:

Post a Comment