About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Content

Hello, everyone,

this week was great! We were busy traveling back and forth from Accra for our MLC meeting that we had this week, but it was great. Our MLC was awesome, and we got to stay the night at president's house again which was fun. We got to know Sister Simpson a lot more and she is an amazing person. She prepared burritos for us and i was in HEAVEN. it was amazing. plus she gave us a&w root beer. Great night.

Because of MLC, we didn't have a whole lot going on this week, so i don't have a whole lot to write, but i thought i would just share some thoughts i have had during my personal study of the Book of Mormon:
So this week i have been studying in Alma, and about Ammon and is brethren going to preach to the Lamanites. Ammon had so much success, but Aaron and those who were with him got off to a bit of a rough start. They suffered a lot, and no one would listen to them, and they even here beaten and thrown in jail. Then Ammon came and they were released, and as soon as they were released they continued to do what caused them to suffer so much - to preach. But because of their faith, and willingness to obey, they were blessed and they brought many to the knowledge of the truth.
Then Ammon talks about how he wishes he were and angel with the voice of a trump so that he could cry repentance to the people. But he says that he sinned in wishing that, and that he should be content with the assignment that the Lord had given him. That he should be happy with what the Lord has already done for him.

This particular passage really struck me. It reminded me of times early on in my mission where i was really struggling, wondering if i was being 'punished' in a way for how hard it was at points. I wasn't content at all. I wasn't being very grateful. But i have come to realize that this is the best possible place i could be RIGHT NOW. And i have been blessed beyond what i deserve to be here with these wonderful people. I love it here. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I wouldn't want to serve anywhere else.

We can all feel like we got the short end of the stick sometimes, but we need to make sure and enjoy where we are in life, and not look forward too much or outside of our sphere. We might just look past all the blessings right in front of our face as we look for blessings to come.

I hope we can all enjoy where we are, and be grateful for all that we have been given.
I love this gospel so much. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It changes lives.
I hope you have a great week. i love you all!!



ELDER BEN ELDREDGE

No comments:

Post a Comment