About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, September 26, 2016

"Elder Condie Fell Down"

Sup fam? 

Seems like everyone back home had a great week! I am happy to see you are all doing well, and are safe. This week was so crazy. I think it was probably the most backwards week of my whole mission so far.

Exchange with Elder Keddington playing with some kids
So it all started Monday night. We were all inside playing uno (we were inside for special reasons, i promise i am not apostate..) and we were keeping score each game, so that at the end we would have an ultimate winner. I won, but that is not the crazy part.. so the final round came down to Elder Condie, and Elder Ndlovu, who currently were tied for last. so whoever won, could take pride in not being last i guess lol but unfortunately for Elder Condie, Elder Ndlovu had an unusual amount of +4's and +2's.. so after making Elder Condie pick like 16 cards, Elder Ndlovu won! Elder Condie was NOT happy hahaha and in his frustration, punched a brick wall about 5 times lol his face was bright red. After a good laugh, thinking all was well with Elder Condie, i went to brush my teeth when i heard something come from the main room, followed by Elder Ndlovu coming to us and telling us that Elder Condie fell down, and hit his head. As Elder Broadhead and I rushed into the room, we found Elder Condie on the ground having a seizure! It was the scariest thing i have ever seen. We ran to him and as soon as we got to him he stopped convulsing and relaxed. So we called the dr. and he wanted us to meet him that night to check on him. So we took him, got in a taxi and went to Accra.. Finally we made it to the area office, and the Dr looked at him and asked him a few questions. He couldn't tell us what 100-7 was.. haha it was so sad.

After that the Ap's took us to the mission home. We got there around 2 am. Dr. Anderson wanted Elder Condie to stay in Accra for at least the day, so we went on exchange with the assistants for the day. It went well, but i didn't have my scriptures because of the rush we were in to get Elder Condie there. So i just grabbed a soft cover Book of Mormon, and off we went haha it was a good time.
The next day, we went back to Swedru and we had interviews with president, and then another exchange with Winneba. So this week was pretty full. My schedule got kind of ruined there for a few days, but i think it is better now. So there is the crazy part of the week.

For the rest of the week, it was a bit rough.. i don't know what was happening, but it seemed impossible to see anyone. Even the people we contacted were pretty rough.
I was getting a little frustrated on Saturday after appointments failed, and contacting not going to well. The whole time i was just praying so hard to be able to find someone to teach. But it just didn't happen. After our last appointment before lunch failed, i was drained. I had never felt like that before on mission. I was confused by what was happening. And then i just got this voice in my head that said, "when are you going to learn that you are always teaching?" When i heard that, i was instantly reminded of when Alma is speaking to his son Corianton about how because of the way Corianton was behaving, the Zoramites didn't want to believe in Alma's words. And also i was reminded of the last MLC we had, when Sister Simpson gave us a quote that said, "i would rather see a sermon that hear one any day."
Exchange with the Ap's. Elder Martineau rode nick the goat
As I remembered all these things, I suddenly wasn't frustrated anymore. I didn't care that i wasn't able to teach the lessons that we had planned. it was really humbling to learn that it doesn't matter where i am, or what i am doing, i am still teaching. You never really know who is watching. I think this is something that the Savior has been trying to teach me for a long time, and i just haven't been able to fully realize it. I think that the same principle applies to all of us. We are all disciples of Jesus Christ, and we are always teaching.

At the end of the day, we had a baptism! Boakye and Nucy were baptized on Saturday night and confirmed members of the Church on Sunday. Nucy's family wanted me to confirm her which was so special. I was so proud of the both of them and the decisions they have made to be baptized.
I love my mission. I can see the Lord in each day of my life. He loves me so much, and if He loves me, i promise He loves you too!

have a great week! stay safe. you are in my prayers.


Love ELDER BEN

No comments:

Post a Comment