About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Portia x 2

Hey everyone,

I had another great week here in Ghana. Each day is always a new adventure. You truly never know what is going to happen. Things always go the way they are supposed to go if we are willing to submit to Him and follow His guidance. We have continued to look for those who are prepared to receive the gospel. This week we have been praying half way through the day still to Receive help from the Lord. It has been cool to see how powerful those prayers have been for me. Seeing those who are ready has been so much easier. They are beginning to really light up. We have found some new people in the last couple weeks who have had such a strong interest from seeing relevance to the message of the restoration. These people have been looking for this, and wanting to know the truth, and i know for sure that they weren't found by my power.

Over the span of the last three or four weeks i have been learning a lot about the correspondence between obedience and blessings. At our zone training a few weeks ago, we talked about d&c 93 which talks a lot about light and truth. When we are obedient, we receive more gifts from our Heavenly Father, one of those gifts is knowledge. But i think the greatest gifts that comes from obedience is the blessings that come from the Atonement. Peace and happiness can flood our lives if we are humble and willing to do things the Lord's way. The Lord commanded us to be perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect. I have a long way to go on the way to perfection. But it is possible for all of us. Line upon line, precept upon precept. Here a little, there a little. Grace by grace.
He loves us so much that He doesn't expect immediate perfection from us. He just wants us to progress immediately.

I know that when we are obedient, we will feel the true happiness and love that our Heavenly Father wants for us.

I love this gospel so much. I know it is true. I love you all so much. Keep progressing and trusting in the Lord.

Have a great week


love,

Elder Ben Eldredge 
Portia and Portia = dunked

Traditional Ghanaian wear. Sorry it is kind of blurry


Franklina, one of the recent convert's daughter. She always tells Elder Broadhead and me that we look like goats.


No comments:

Post a Comment