About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Bye Bye Broadhead

Hello family and friends,

Missionary "Killer"
I can not believe how fast this week went. One day it was Monday, and the next thing i knew it was Friday!

We had such a good mission tour and MLC with Elder Vincent, the area president. He has such a love for the Savior, and knows the scriptures like the back of his hand. We are blessed to have such great church leaders.

After our MLC on Wednesday, we went to stay with the assistants for the night so we could travel with them to our mission tour the next day. I had a little too much A/C if that is possible haha i started to feel a little sick. It was also Elder Broadhead's birthday on Wednesday, so after proselyting in the ap's area, we went to get pizza from pizza hut! Pizza hut is like gold for someone who has been eating rice and beans for the past year.

Baptism
After the mission tour on Thursday, Elder Broadhead and I with permission from president, went to one of his old areas, Buduburam. He got to say goodbye to some of his converts and talk to them before he left. His hard work really made a difference in the Buduburam Liberian refugee camp. It was a cool thing to see.

On Saturday, we had two baptisms! Joyce and Sarah were both baptized in the dark lol because they came late. They are new people now. After the baptism, the ward threw a little send off party for Elder Broadhead. It was really nice. They shared scriptures, sang songs, played games, and gave him a little gift. They also gave us SO much food!! We both ate a whole bowl of fufu, and then a giant plate of fried rice. Not sure how we finished it or held it down.
We just dropped him off at the station, and by Wednesday he will be reunited with his family. I am grateful for the time i have been able to serve with him. I learned so many things from him, and he is a great friend.

Tomorrow, my new companion will come! His name is Elder Mantz. He is from Utah and he is such a cool guy. I am excited to serve with him now.

I love this work. Sometimes it sucks to say goodbye, but that is how it goes. I love the Savior, and i know this is his true church. Everything is possible through Him.

Have a great week! stay safe, i love you.

ELDER BEN


Chasing Monkeys


Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment