About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Testimonies

Hey, fam!

This week was great as usual. Elder Broadhead goes home in a week, so this was his second to last week here in Ghana. It is weird to think that he is actually going home. I still remember my first day on mission and seeing him and we ended up in the same apartment. That time he was just 11 months on mission, and now i am killing him with two hands!

This week was nice because we didn't
have any interruptions of having to take someone something or bring someone somewhere or go to any meetings. It was nice to just be able to proselyte all day everyday and spread the good news.

Don't tell Elder Broadhead but he is getting a little trunky lol which is normal i guess. i am doing my best at not letting him die, and also keep myself alive at the same time. When i say trunky i just mean his desire to do certain things is a little low right now ;) luckily for him we have mlc and mission tour this week, so there wont be a whole lot of proselyting until Friday. He can die in peace.

We had a really cool experience this week. One day our morning plans just dissolved so we decided to see if a recent convert was home. When we got there she took us and brought a friend that we have been trying to teach already but she has been pretty stubborn, and we sat down. haha we teach by force sometimes here ;) anyways.. as we taught her, we just reviewed Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. The investigator didn't seem to really pay attention, which i don't blame her, she just got dragged into listening to us, but at the end, her friend the recent convert bore such a simple, yet powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon. It brought tears to my eyes as i watched her tear up telling someone she loved that the Book of Mormon was from God. That testimony was more effective than the whole lesson we had just tried to teach. Testimonies are powerful, and can change people. We all need to keep our testimonies strong and we need to always be willing to bear it.
This Saturday i will find out who my new companion will be and i am excited to work with whoever it is. I love this work, this place, and these people.

I hope you all have a great week! Stay safe. i love you all!


ELDER BEN

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder Ben, I want you to know how much I enjoy your weekly letters.
    I am a member of the Nijmegen Branch, The Netherlands. If the name of the branch rings a bell, that is because your dad served there among other branches and wards. Your Dad and I were of course much younger, but when he served in Nijmegen, we became friends, good friends. You can say that we are life long friends.
    Your dad is a great man.
    Back to your letters, I have been reading them almost from the beginning and i can tell that you are a great missionary and even more important, a great person. When i read your letter, I feel as if I am there too. I wanted to wrte to you many times before but sometimes i am a procastinator, forgive me for that I will do better.
    I apreciate you very much Elder Ben and thank you for the letters you send home. You stay safe good sir. Job B. Hartgers

    ReplyDelete