About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, November 21, 2016

Full of Fufu

Hello, fam! and friends.

Fufu Lover
this week was awesome! We have some great investigators who are progressing, and are finding some awesome new people! I see miracles everyday, and i know that the Savior is in the details of our lives. There really is nothing quite like serving a mission. I am so grateful to be here in Ghana serving in the Lord's vineyard. 

This week started off with a really good experience that strengthened my testimony of the Restored Gospel. We were teaching a family who have all just recently joined the church. The man just recently lost his job, and they are struggling a lot. Sometimes i wonder how people can be happy when in such a situation. Going into the lesson, we didn't really know what we were going to share with them, but my companion began to share the story of Joseph Smith when he was in prison and the saints were suffering as well. As we read about how the Lord comforted his son in his trials, i looked up to see the biggest, widest smile i think i have ever seen. This family really took the message into their hearts and it gave them immediate comfort and joy. I am sure that a simple prompting from the Spirit, has immeasurable effects on the human heart. I know that God loves each one of His children, and nothing can change that. I love Him and i love serving Him. 

Yesterday, we were invited by two members to come over and eat fufu! So good! I don't think i have ever eaten so much fufu since i have been on mission. Good thing i have elder Mantz to take me running to burn the hundreds of calories i must have consumed. 

I don't have too much time today, but i know this gospel is true. I love you all so much! pics are on the way!


love ELDER BEN


Leticia's Baptism from a Couple of Weeks Ago



No comments:

Post a Comment