About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Slivers of Hope

Hey everyone,

we had another great week here in Newtown! This area has been the most challenging of my mission by far. I am grateful for what i am learning here. Even though it is hard, there are always slivers of hope to keep us going. We also had ward conference this week and received great instruction from the stake. Our ward is doing such a great job.

I was finally able to go on an exchange with one of my MTC mates this week. I have never proselyted with someone in my MTC, so it was fun to be with Elder Skog. It was a good day and we walked a ton! I think we walked through the entire area. We went to see a member who is blind. She is such a faithful member, who goes to the temple every week, and we go and read the scriptures and sing hymns for her. When we got there, she said she wanted to read from the book of Abraham, which i thought was a cool but unusual request. As we were reading she got so excited and she was so happy. She said, "this church really has the truth! this church is true! Joseph Smith was a prophet!" haha I'm sure if she could see, she would never put down the scriptures. she is awesome. 

At the end of the day, we were walking back to the apartment, and it started to rain super hard out of no where. I looked at Elder Skog and asked him if we should go find somewhere to get out of the rain, but he just kept walking and said he was enjoying it. So we walked home as slow as possible, just soaking up the rain while we could. People were looking at us like we were crazy haha it was really funny.

Emile got confirmed this week. After he got confirmed, he left. We didn't really know why he left so fast, but later when we got home we saw him and he was with his brother. He had to go pick up his brother, who also got baptized not long ago in Malaysia! He came to find out that his brother just got confirmed also! They were both really happy.

Things are going great, and i cant believe how fast time is going! I love this place. Hope you all have a great week! Thank you for the prayers and emails! 

Love, 

Elder Ben Eldredge 

No comments:

Post a Comment