About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Staying Put

Hey everyone,

Sweet graffiti and a happy happy boy 
this week was pretty difficult to stay focused, but we were really guided and helped a lot. We went on exchange with Tesano, and I got to proselyte with a good friend for the day. The rest of the week was pretty normal. We are working hard to find more people, because the ones we have aren't really progressing. Emile came to church though! His baptism will be this week we hope.

This week, the Spirit taught me a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. My mind reflected over it again and again, and i can say that there is no greater peace that comes to us than when we have an understanding of the Atonement. Obviously, we can never comprehend the Atonement in its fullness, but when you learn and apply to your own circumstances, it really changes things. The Savior really loves us all. God has a perfect plan for you and me.

The exchange this week was great! I went with elder Fryar. He and I were trained in the same apartment, and it was fun to proselyte with him. We went on an exchange when we were both new on mission and had no idea what we were doing, so it was fun to see how much we have grown. I learned a lot from working with him. 

Like i said, we are still trying to find people, and the Lord has done most of the work i can say haha. We were so blessed to be able to find people. I felt like i was just following sometimes, with my mind struggling to stay focused, and before i knew it, we sat down and began talking to people. 
Our investigators we have now are struggling a bit, and the rain we had on Sunday morning didn't help us get them to sacrament. But we will try our best to help them. 

There is a talk that I listened to this week by President Nelson. He talked about how we can have joy through any circumstance. He talked about how our happiness has little to do with the circumstances of our lives, and everything to do with the focus of our lives. When we focus our lives on Jesus Christ, and His gospel, we can have joy no matter what trial we have. This is true. Jesus Christs gospel and His church give us such a great blessing to always be able to remember Him as we go to church and partake of the Sacrament. 

I am super grateful for my Heavenly Father, and His Son. I don't know what we would do without them. I am so grateful to be here and share their message of hope. 

Thank you for all your prayers, and emails. Have a good week!! 

love,


Elder Ben Eldredge 

Elder Fryar and me, with their investigator that got baptized this week


This is what most of our area looks like

My companion, Elder Udo

No comments:

Post a Comment