About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Bonjour Ma Famille

wow, this week was so great!! 

Hahaha we were very very busy haha. the area we took over used to be a sisters area, and let me tell ya... the sisters in my mission are not serious AT ALL hahahahaha our area book is empty, or phone has no credit, we have no teaching records, nothing. we didn't even know where our area boundaries were. it has been a busy week. 

My companion is so awesome!! his name is spelled, ELDER LOKUTSHU. i was way off last week haha. but he is the nicest person i have met here. he has a cool mission story too. he was originally called to south Africa, and because of visa problems he had to stay in his country. he served in his hometown mission for three months, then in another mission in his country for seven months, and then he got a visa for Ghana and was called to the Accra west mission. he has been in Ghana for about the same amount of time as me, so his English still needs a lot of work. i hope i am helping him with that, i have never taught anyone English before. but he is doing well. he has a strong love for everyone and it is such great example to me. i love him haha we were closing the day one night, and after we had finished planning and what not i asked him if there was anything else that we needed to talk about, he just looked at me and said, "i love you." hahah it was a little awkward, but i just accepted it lolol. he also is teaching me how to cook! this week he taught me how to cook jolloff rice! it is so good, but it is so bad for you. it will make you so fat and the amount of oil will kill you. i cant wait to kill all of you with jolloff rice when i come home. this week i will learn how to make an Islamic food called waakye. we eat it almost everyday on the roadside. i am excited to learn.

Yesterday we were contacting around the area, and i felt like we should go to this door that was super tucked away and hidden. when the woman answered the door she seemed surprised and offered us a chair. she told us that she has been seeing people like us before but thought we were JW's and she said that she has heard of the church before and has always wanted to know more about it. she also thinks she is a prophetess... hahahahahahahahah I LOVE GHANA. it is too apostate to handle hahahahaha but i think we helped her understand the difference between gifts of the spirit and being a prophet. my companion straight up told her that she didn't have any authority... lolol but she accepted it. i honestly think she will progress.

Yesterday was Elder Fryar's birthday, so today we went to KFC. it honestly was kind of depressing. it is super expensive (for Ghana) and i just didn't feel satisfied after. but the restaurant was nice, it had A/C and everything haha. it was short-lived when we opened the door and entered back into the oven that is Ghana lol. 

The reason my subject line is in french is because of my companion. i realized how hard it would be to learn a new language, and that reading the book of Mormon would be such a tough task. so i told my self that i would read the whole book of Mormon in french after i finish reading it in English. I'm pumped. it will be a good experience and my prayer is that it will help me to help my companion learn English. 

I have a feeling that they are trying to prepare me to train a french speaking greenie. just my guess tho. 3 of my 4 companions i have had to teach English to them. who knows tho. i am excited :) 
well that's about all this week. another great week down and another one waiting for us. 
love you all! thank you for everything!!

Have a great week and be safe


Love, Elder Ben 



Read carefully. this is Ghana hahah

Me and Elder Lokutshu

woke up this morning to fungus growing out of our sink... nasty

No comments:

Post a Comment