About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Fufu de Congo

Sup Fam? 

ELDER NILSSON GAVE ME A MOUNTAIN DEW. 
FROM AMERICA!!! ALMOST CRIED LOLOL
Everything is going so great here in Ghana! not easy, but great! This Tuesday and Wednesday i didn't feel too good, so it was kind of boring for a sec, but the second half of the week was great! People are getting closer and closer to baptism it is so exciting! i just pray that they continue to progress.

The reason for my subject line is in my apartment it is one american and one Congolese. i have started to forget what white people even look like. i have to look at pictures every now and then just to remember ;) but all of the elders in my apartment know how to cook super well! almost every day we have eaten Congo fufu. theirs is different from Ghana fufu. they make it with corn powder, and cassava powder and water and then mix it all together. it tastes pretty good. it almost tastes like corn tortillas haha. so i have been enjoying that quite a bit.

My desire to wash my own clothes has gone out the window so this week i have been working on finding a wash lady haha i think i found one that will come every week to wash my clothes for me!
we finally had people come to church this week! i was so happy! i was sitting there singing the opening hymn when i looked out the window and saw two of our investigators walking through the gate! it made me so happy!! hahah finally!

We cant do this work by ourselves. this isn't our work. if we want to be successful in the Lord's work, we need to be on the same page as Him. i have felt so much love this week. so much happiness comes from doing what the Lord wants you to do. my hope is that all of our wants and desires are in line with what God wants us to do. if we just do our best at doing everything that He wants us to do we will find a true happiness that extends beyond this life and lasts for an eternity. The gospel is true, and i love being a missionary. i cant imagine myself anywhere else right now. i am truly happy to be a servant of the Lord.

Keep up the amazing work back home! i love you all so much. And more importantly God loves you all. It is a commandment to love one another as He loves us. Which means it is possible :) i thank you for all the love and support i have received from all of you.
be happy :)


Love, ELDER BEN  

No comments:

Post a Comment