About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Dying Testimonies

Hey fam,

another busy week, and loving life. Elder Fossou, is such an awesome missionary, and the first week with him has been great. Teaching in a three-some is interesting, but so far it is okay. We had MLC this week and everyone in my MTC group bore their "dying testimonies.." I still feel like i just got here! 

MLC was great, we talked all about the Book of Mormon and how it is central to our testimony of the Savior and how it needs to be at the center of our tools for teaching. I underestimate how incredible the Book of Mormon truly is. Everything about it is a miracle. How it was written, preserved, brought forth, and now how it is flooding the Earth with the most pure and simple doctrine of Christ. We are so lucky to be able to read it's pages and feel the Spirit. I know it is the word of God. 

Sunday was a pretty special day. We conferred the priesthood on both of our recent converts who were baptized last week. They are both so prepared to hold the power and authority of God. One of them has been rejected by all of his family and friends, because of his choice to become a Christian, but he truly understands what his purpose is here. He always has the biggest smile on his face, never complains, and simply wants to share the gospel and serve God. A member gave him a new set of scriptures and a scripture bag on Sunday and his face lit up and he told us that now, he is a missionary. He is willing to give up everything to know the truth, and to share it. 

I couldnt imagine a better place to serve, or a better place to finish my mission. I love it here. My testimony has grown so much in this area. I know this gospel is true. Jesus Christ lives. Have a great week!! 


Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment