About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Open House and Elder Renlund

Hey everyone,

what a week! I loved this week. We had so much stuff going on and and not enough time to do everything we needed. All week was just packed full of different activities and I felt the Spirit so constantly all week. We had a mission conference with Elder Renlund, which was great as you could imagine, MTC tours three days out of the week, two baptisms, and a zone devotional on Sunday. 

To start off the week, we had a mission conference with Elder Renlund, who is awesome! He came to deliver three messages to us. The first message he came to give us was. "On behalf of the Lord Jesus Christ.....Thank you!!" The second was, "You have been called of God, by prophesy, to serve in this mission (Ghana Accra West) at this time." And third, "President and Sis Simpson have been called of God by prophesy and revelation, to preside over this mission, now." 

I had chills throughout the entire conference with Elder Renlund and thinking about the messages he came to deliver to us made me reflect on my mission and I could not be more grateful to God for how much he has blessed me. I know for sure that this is the exact place I am supposed to be right now and that everyone i served around was for a reason. God is so good. I know the Lord is so grateful for all of his missionaries. 

We did tours for the MTC on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday this week and it was really cool. I wanted to start my mission over again ;) All the little kids were so excited and when they saw the bedroom they would all say, "i want to go on a mission so i can sleep here!" haha and i was thinking the same thing. It is really cool to see how much the Lord is looking over west Africa. The new MTC will help the work move forward much quicker. 

On Saturday evening, we had a beautiful baptismal service with two converts and two children of record. We also had a recent convert perform the baptisms. It was his first time, but he did great. 

Sunday, after church and studies, our whole zone came to our chapel and we had a zone devotional which was great. We had people sharing experiences from their mission that have strengthened their faith. It was awesome to see how far people have come and to hear their experiences. The Lord is in the details of our lives for sure. Afterwards, we had zone "family" dinner. It was sad, because this was the last Sunday of the transfer and a lot of our zone is getting transferred out to the bush, so i don't think i will be seeing any of them for a while. I hate goodbyes haha

Crazy to think this is my last transfer... I will miss Ghana so much, but I still have a lot to do here and these are going to be the best, last few weeks. I love this mission. I am so grateful to help others learn about the Savior, and learn about Him myself. 

Have a good week!! 


ELDER ELDREDGE









No comments:

Post a Comment