About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, August 28, 2017

Becoming a Christian

Hey fam! 

We had such a great week in Newtown. The work is moving along, and i am loving it here. This week we were working really hard to get our recent convert to the temple before he moved back to his village. Elder Fossou left us for some time sadly, because of some uneven numbers in the mission, so he had to go fill a vacancy until they could refill it. He will be back soon though, but this week was mostly just Elder Nilsson and I. 

We saw our convert almost everyday this week to prepare him for the temple. The main reason he wanted to become a Christian is because both of his parents have passed away and he wanted to know what they might be going through and what happens to all of us after we leave this life. He came to the right place ha. We helped him fill out his My Family book and printed off his parents names for him, and on Saturday we got him to the temple! It was such a special moment for me, and he told us how he felt the Spirit so strongly and that "this is a true temple of God." I am so grateful for this gospel!

It is so sad to me that soon all of this will be over. I love being a missionary and I love Ghana. Being here has helped me to know that I am truly a son of God, and He knows me and loves me. This is exactly where i am supposed to be right now. 

Sorry this is such a short email! Have a good week!! 


Elder Eldredge







No comments:

Post a Comment