About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, August 22, 2016

All-African Service Project

Hello everyone,

Sorry for not explaining 'dead cat soup' last week. last week one of the elders in my apartment got a cat from a member and killed and we ate it. haha he burned like a marshmallow on our kitchen floor.. he didn't taste that good tho. oh well

This week was great! We have some great investigators that are really starting to progress! Hopefully we will be having some baptisms coming up in the beginning of September.We had a really nice zone training meeting this Friday and Elder Broadhead and I gave an instruction on How to Begin Teaching. I was pretty nervous, but it went well. President and Sister Simpson gave some really inspiring discussions and we had a lot of fun. They also challenged us to finish reading the Book of Mormon before Christmas, and i challenge you all to do the same. i know you will be blessed. They are really great people. We are blessed as a mission to have them as our leaders.

On Saturday, we have the All-African service project. We helped fill pot holes in the road, clean out gutters, and cleaned up the station here in Swedru. it was a lot of fun, and it was good to help out the community.

This week i was thinking about John 14:27 again, and i realized something that i have wondered for so long. I have always wondered why people who live in such difficult circumstances, and struggle to have basic needs, can still be so happy. How is it possible? But this scripture helped me understand probably the biggest reason why. It talks about how the Savior leaves His peace with us. The part where it says "not as the world giveth, give I unto you," answers everything. I realized that at home, we have so many "comforts" that come from the world. Sometimes we forget that we need the comfort from the Savior. We get caught up doing other things and honestly life at home is easy. Some people have no choice but to rely on another source of peace other than those that come from this world. That is why (for the majority) these people are still happy no matter what their condition is.

I have a testimony that the peace that comes from the Savior, is far greater than any comfort that comes from this world. Rely on Him. He will never disappoint. I love this gospel so much. I am so happy for this blessing to be a missionary.

Thank you for your prayers! I love you all so much! have a great week!


Love ELDER BEN
All African service project
Beautiful Swedru in the background


Here is a pic of our chapel (for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment