About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Swedru

Happy Monday everyone!

This week was a lot of fun! The first part was pretty crazy, but then we got to do a lot of teaching the last half of the week.

On Tuesday, i left Achimota with five other missionaries and started our journey to our new areas. i brought two other elders with me to Winneba zone and getting here was crazy! we had to take like four different tro tro's and carried our luggage around for what seemed to be years haha but finally we all made it here after four and a half hours of traveling.

On Wednesday, we got to proselyte for about a half day which we just contacted a taught people the whole time. we found a super sweet investigator named A-----------. During the opening prayer of our lesson, i wanted to mention her name to thank Heavenly Father for helping us find her, and i totally forgot her name.. i just had to think for a sec and then say whatever name came to my head, which for some odd reason was Lilly.. lolol i said amen and turned my head away from her so she couldn't see me laugh, but she didn't say anything about it.

We spent Wednesday night at President's house, and Sister Simpson made rice with green curry and beef with french fries, french bread with real butter and we had ice cream and fruit for dinner. It was sooo good. We slept in ac and woke up and took a nice hot shower for the first time in 10 months. it felt like heaven!

My father, Elder Yao was also there to stay the night with my former companion Elder Sakala. It was a lot of fun!

MLC was a lot of fun. We talked a lot about how we can help our mission progress and help our zones progress. President Simpson is an inspired man who leads by example and with love. At MLC, elder Broadhead and i did a role play of a baptismal interview, and what to do when someone tells you that they had an abortion. it was awkward to say the least. we just sat up there while everyone watched us trying not to laugh. luckily i had the easy part of being the one who was interviewed. it was a lot of fun tho.

Swedru is a cool place! it is a small market town, but everyone is so congested it makes it seem like there are a ton of people. my area basically just borders Swedru's "down town" and it reminds me a lot of Kasoa. We have one shopping center thing called melcom, but because it is far from a big city, it takes a while before they get re-stocked. Other than that it is just a bunch of small chop bars and stuff. there is a lot of cool wood carvings here and there is a ju ju shop with some cool skulls and animal skins and what not. you can find some pretty random stuff here.

I am sorry i didn't take hardly any pictures this week. my camera was dead for most of the week. This week was great tho! I feel like this transfer is going to fly by and also next transfer and then i will send Elder Broadhead home!

I have loved my mission so much so far! everyday is a new adventure and i have seen so many miracles. I have felt so much love from my Heavenly Father, and from the Savior. This gospel is true and i love it with all my heart. keep sharing it :)
have a great week and be happy!


Love, 

ELDER BEN

No comments:

Post a Comment