About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Dead Cat Soup

[No idea where that title came from but I'm dying to find out! ed.]


Hello, friends and family.


This week was awesome! Life as a missionary is great and it is so unpredictable. it is important to always be willing to do whatever the Lord wants us to do.

Zone Leader duties are different from what i thought it would be, but it is cool i guess. we didn't get to teach as much as i wanted to, but we were able to do our best with what we had. We had to help some missionaries who were sick and needed to go to the hospital. malaria is really starting to affect people during the rainy season.

This week i was reading in Mosiah about Abinadi and his story. That man had a lot of faith. I tried to liken it to me and to my situation and try to figure out ways of getting more faith and being more diligent. Abinadi knew that he was going to die, but he had the faith to keep proclaiming the truth. He had true love for the people he was teaching. He knew that happiness didn't come from iniquity, but that if they repented and followed the commandments that they could have true, eternal happiness.
I realized that none of us have any excuse to not share the gospel. We can be like Abinadi and forget ourselves and serve the Lord. Following His plan is the greatest thing we can do. Sometimes things don't go the way we may want, but if we put our trust in the Lord, we can have peace even through the toughest of times.

One day this week we went to pick up a member to help us teach and he told us to come in and sit down for a bit while he got ready. He put in some Mormon messages to watch and one of them talked about a girl who's mother had passed away. She said that her favorite scripture is John 14:27 and she talked about how grateful she was to have the Holy Spirit as her constant companion.
It truly is such a great sign of love from our Heavenly Father. He is always there for us no matter what we are going through to help us to get through it. He helps us eat up all the gray so that it will fade all away.

I am so thankful for my mission and for this everlasting gospel. I love it so much. I am so grateful for all the support it have gotten from all of you and most especially from my Father in Heaven. If He loves me, i know for sure He loves you too.

I hope you all have a great week! Odo babraa (lots of love) from Ghana

ELDER BEN


small child in time out ;) she likes to insult too much 

hammock hangin


dad, i know how much you and mom love canes and this crazy store has a cool cane with a sword inside! plus the guy who has a ton of wood carvings has some cool canes too!


No comments:

Post a Comment