About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

20

Hey fam!

this week was so great! We really saw the hand of the Lord this week. We had so many tender mercies all week. Our area I felt like, wasn't progressing the way it should be. Mainly because sometimes we don't get a lot of time in our own area while doing some other assignments, so we were having a tough time juggling the people we already had. This week we had a lot more time to just focus on our area and our investigators. It was great.

One day we had a plan to see one of our investigators, and it fell through. We didn't
really know what to do with the extra time that we had, and we got the thought that we should go see a recent convert at the place she works. At first i was a bit skeptical because usually she is super busy and we can never meet with her there, but when we got there, she was there! And she had a friend there that she has wanted to refer to us for a long time. We had such great lesson with them, and the next day they came to church. Miracle.

We also had some things fall through and we decided that we would go to see a less-active and just see how he is doing and if we could help him in any way. When we got close to where he was, we were talking about how we have a good relationship with a lot of our members, but we have been struggling in getting them to do their own missionary work, and literally 5 seconds after I said that, the less-active said, "i have someone that i want you to teach".. I was a little stunned, but so excited. We sat down with the guy, and he seems to be so prepared. Such a blessing.
It is so important to always follow the promptings of the Spirit. A lot of the time you don't know the reason behind the prompting, but when you just humble yourself and follow it, things always work out.

My birthday was good. weird that i am not a teen-ager anymore.. We didn't do anything special, just proselyted like normal. My companion bought a six pack of mountain dew for me, which was so nice.

This last Sunday, we got to have interviews with President Simpson. He reminds me a lot of Dad. He told me that a lot of times we grow more than we see in ourselves. We need to just work hard and do the right thing and the Lord will mold us into the person that we can become and the person that He expects of us and sons and daughters of God.

I love this work, and i know that it is true. I love this gospel. I know that true happiness comes only from following and obeying.

Have a great week! love you all


ELDER ELDREDGE

No comments:

Post a Comment