About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Staying Put

Hello everyone,

Things here are so good. We had another great, successful week. I cant believe another one has already begun. The work is Swedru is really progressing and being a missionary here is sweet.

So this week was transfer week, which for some reason is always a struggle to stay 100% motivated, but the whole week i was thinking that i would leave and Elder Mantz would stay here considering he has only been here for 3 months and i have been here for 6. But the exact opposite happened... I am staying here for another 6 weeks while Elder Mantz is going.. It is always hard to see a friend leave, but i am so grateful for the time i was giving to serve alongside such a great missionary. These last three months have flown by, and so much has been done.

I am pretty happy to stay here in Swedru tho. I don't feel like i have been here for six months. I am really fitting into this place. It sure will be hard to leave when the time comes, but for now i still get to hang around. (and enjoy the washing machine we got today :))

On Friday, we went to a members house to do a baptismal interview, and while they were doing the interview i cooked dinner for their family. I made tomato stew with rice and fried chicken. I fried it with flour, like how we do at home and none of them had had it like that before and they loved it so much haha they even took the skin and put it in the flour and fried it...,

On Saturday, the fourth branch had it's second baptism! Sister Janet was baptized and confirmed the next day and is now a full member, and receiving tons of blessings. Super happy for her to finally join her family in the true and everlasting gospel.

I am excited to stay here, and i am grateful to be a missionary. I am loving it here. It definitely isn't easy but I am managing. I know we can all receive so much strength from the Lord when we ask for it. I am honored to be an instrument in His hands.

The gospel is true, Joseph Smith was a true prophet. No doubt.

Have a good week.


Love Elder Ben Eldredge










No comments:

Post a Comment