About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Come and See

Hey everyone,

This week was great. It was a little stressful just because I got my new companion and I am doing my best to show him the area. But Elder Wiscombe is such a great missionary and we are working hard together.

We had a great MLC this week at president's house. The AP's gave an awesome instruction about the sacrament. The objective was to help improve the mission in increasing our investigators at sacrament. I really learned a lot for myself that i was especially grateful for. Going to church and partaking of the sacrament is usually the most sacred and spiritual time of the week. Each week we get to go and partake and remember the Savior. We get to go and see the goodness of the atonement as we remember Him and strive to keep his commandments.

We had a lot of fun teaching people about the sacrament and how special and important it is. I really felt the spirit when teaching. Even though not everyone we wanted to could come to church and I was disappointed with them, I still learned things that i will never forget.

We also talked about obedience. I have always loved when Lehi is promised that as long as they were obedient they would obtain a land of promise, and that if his posterity were also obedient, they would prosper in the land. This is true. As long as we are obedient we will obtain our land of promise, and we will prosper. Sometimes it can seem like those who are disobedient are happy, but really it is just chocolate covered poop and is only sweet for a moment. When we are obedient, we show our love to our Father in Heaven. I know that through Christ and His Atonement, we can be made perfect, even as He and His Father are.

I love this place, and i love these people. I love this time i have to serve my Father and Brother. Jesus is the Christ, and our Advocate with the Father.

I love you all, have a great week.

Love,

Elder Ben Eldredge


P.S. mom, sorry but i don't know when i will send pics again. i don't want to lose all of them again.. haha but i will find a way somehow. maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment