About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Chocolate Milk Fixes Everything

Hey fam,

What a week. I wont lie, I am tired.This week we got rejected a few times, but luckily we have our friend Sam, who makes some killer chocolate milk to drown our problems in. But i couldn't be more happy, or grateful to be able to serve here with Elder Wiscombe. Elder Wiscombe and i are doing great! He is super funny, and we can be pretty normal around each other. I have learned a lot from him already in the short time we have been together. He has a sincere desire to help people and loves them a lot. I am glad to have him as my companion.

Our week was busy as usual. We had zone training, a mission broadcast, and we rode bikes.. it was my first time riding a bike in like 8 months, and it wasn't easy. Some people just live too far away.

This week at our zone training, we talked a lot as a zone about obedience and progression. I learned a lot. As i was studying more about obedience, I looked in the topical guide, and one of the sub-topics for obedience is 'Walking With God.' I thought about that for a bit, and thought it was the coolest thing. We learn of Noah who walked with God, and how he was living on the Lord's standard. It stuck out to me a lot that obedience is and attribute. Not just an act. We shouldn't just be obedient because we should, but because we want to. That is when it becomes an attribute. I think sometimes i am obedient because i am afraid of what might happen if i am not, but it is much better to be obedient because we have a sincere desire to be like God, or to walk with Him. 

There are just too many things to be grateful for. President Hinckley said that everything that he cherished most in life matured while serving his mission. I can see that in my life too. It is crazy how much your priorities change, when you do your best to follow the Savior. I love it here. This gospel is true, and nothing can change that. The Savior lives today.

Have a great week!

Love,


Elder Ben Eldredge

1 comment: