About Me

My name is Ben Jamison Eldredge and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the next two years I will be sharing my testimony of the Gospel with the people of Ghana.

Monday, January 9, 2017

Obolo Kakra

Hey everyone!

This week was awesome! A lot of fun things this week and some really cool experiences. I am so tired though. But everything here in Swedru is going great. It is sad to think that this could be my last week here, but who knows. I really love this place though.

I was super blessed to go to Ansaful this week and proselyte. We had an exchange there and it was so much fun to be there and to see old friends. I felt like i was just out of my training again and it was such a good feeling. We went to see someone who was first being taught by me and my companion when we first got to Ansaful about a year ago, and she didn't even recognize me as who i was. She kept saying, no this inst him, Elder Eldredge was obolo kakra which means a little fat...
lol but after a bit she recognized me.

Our area is doing good, our members are really helpful and it is such a blessing. It is cool to see people bring their friends to the gospel, and special to be a part of helping them as well. I sure do love this work.

On Saturday night, our evening appointments crashed and burned, and so we were struggling not knowing what to do. We eventually just started walking and we walked toward this house that we always walk by and I always look into it, but we have never contacted it before, and when we got there we tried to talk to some of the women sitting outside, and i got a little discouraged because they didn't speak English at all... but then they called for someone who was in the room and she walked out and we started talking to her. Turns out her sister is a member, but not only that, but she is serving a mission right now..  haha wow. Hopefully we will be able to help her and she will be ready to listen.

Today we went to the beach which was way fun. We helped some people pull in their fishing nets and played some football. Good times. I love this place.

Glad to see that everyone had a great week. I love you all and miss you. Keep doing great things, and stay safe. The gospel is true! Jesus is the Christ, and this is His church.

Love

Elder Ben Eldredge





No comments:

Post a Comment